Thank you for your interest! The APPLICATION PERIOD is CLOSED: No longer accepting applications.
Terralingua is a small international nonprofit organization that for over 25 years has been a pioneer and recognized leader in promoting understanding and appreciation of the value of diversity in both nature and culture (“biocultural diversity”) for the thriving of life on earth. Guided by our vision of a just, equitable, sustainable world in which the biocultural diversity of life is valued, protected, and perpetuated for generations to come, we pursue our mission through research, education, outreach, and the storytelling featured in our flagship publication, Langscape Magazine.
We’re looking for an independent contractor to fulfill the role of Executive Assistant. The EA would:
- work closely with and report to the ED
- coordinate existing and finding new contract collaborators and consultants
- coordinate special projects to aid organizational decision-making
- handle various administrative duties that support Terralingua and Langscape Magazine, and
- maintain relations with specific stakeholders.
The position offers a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth in an intellectually stimulating environment while contributing to the growth of the organization.
Hours of Work: Varies from 10 to 20 hrs/week
Start Date: Mid-February 2023
Worksite: Remote on Southern Gulf Islands, BC, Canada; southern Vancouver Island, BC; or Vancouver, BC, with occasional travel to Salt Spring Island, BC, to carry out in situ work
Skills and Qualifications
- Executive Assistant Certificate/Diploma, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Office 365, Gmail and Google Workspace apps, Dropbox, and basic WordPress
- Excellent soft skills such as prioritizing tasks, process management, communicating and collaborating with others, problem-solving, and conflict resolution
- Experience with team coordination and meeting facilitation skills
- Customer service and program coordination experience
- Works in a respectful and cooperative manner with Terralingua’s ED, board, collaborators, and supporters
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity in its widest sense and commitment to social and environmental causes
- Experience with CRMs and Zoho CRM would be an asset
- Ability to work from own office
- Ability to start by mid-February 2023
- Living on Salt Spring Island, BC, with own vehicle is a bonus
To be considered, qualified candidates must forward a cover letter and CV or resume, with expected pay range, to: Luisa Maffi, Executive Director, Terralingua at maffi[at]terralingua.org
Application Deadline is 8 PM, PST, Friday January 27, 2023
Thank you for your interest in this position. As we are a small organization, we will contact only qualified applicants.